Targa Newfoundland Stories and Photographs
In these pages you will find stories and photographs on the first-ever Targa Newfoundland car rally. Some of these appeared in The Toronto Star Wheels section, prior to and following the event; others appeared on The Star's web site during the event. Since each story was intended to "stand alone", there is some repetition - please forgive!
To all competitors, officials, attendees, volunteers, etc.: if you see any detail herein which you feel is not correct, or if you have any questions or queries at all, please e-mail me at:
In the beginning, there was the Targa Tasmania (April 2001)...
- Intro story
- Final story
The first-ever Targa Newfoundland (September 2002)
- Targa Newfoundland Announcement
- The Aussies are coming! The Aussies are coming!
- Targa Newfoundland pre-run story
- Demonstration Day
- Leg One - St. John's / Clarenville
- Leg Two - Clarenville / Burin Peninsula
- Leg Three - Clarenville / Gander
- Leg Four - Gander / Leading Tickles / Clarenville
- Leg Five - Clarenville / Bay Bulls / St. John's
- Wrap-up Story
- Romantic Itinerary of Newfoundland
- Photo gallery
...return to Main Index page (jimkenzie.com)